International Organisation for Biotechnology and Bioengineering IOBB.
It organizes activities to encourage exchange of experiences and encourages partnerships between IOBB members and other organizations to develop and implement projects. IOBB is not a funding agency.
The objective of IOBB is to foster the advancement and exploitation of biotechnology and bioengineering for the benefit of mankind through:
- enhancing interactions between laboratories, institutes, commercial enterprises and individuals working in the area of plant, mammalian and microbial cell cultivation and processing throughout the world and especially in the developing countries;
- fostering the development in the use of biological materials for industrial purposes and the preservation of the ecological environment;
- fostering training courses, fellowships and cooperative research programmes amongst its members, in particular between members from the developed and developing countries;
- arranging meetings, symposia, and seminars to ensure the dissemination of new or pertinent knowledge in the above fields;
- organising international training programmes for scientists, technologists and engineers of all nations interested in the application of biological materials for commercial use and the preservation of our environment;
- close cooperation with UNESCO, MIRCENs, WFCC, UNEP, UNIDO, UNU, COBIOTECH and other international and national organisations in the above field;
- maintaining Committees as may be appropriate for international cooperation and agreement
- development of a network of news, communication, and
- maintaining a regular Newsletter with contributions from the Executive, Committees and Members.
This interesting video shows the progress and the support that Biotechnology gave to science and health in the last 50 years:
Chicago provides a wide range of cosmetic surgery services, which includes plastic surgery, skin procedures, etc. Cosmetic surgery consists of various factors, and in Chicago, all the details related to the surgery are treated with equal importance.
For a general view, here are a few of the cosmatic surgery services offered in Chicago:
Apart from Los Angeles, Chicago and Dallas many other places like Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York, Houston, St Louis, Orange county also have a wide range of advanced technologies and treatments in csmetic surgery.
Some of the plastic surgery procedures carried out in Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York, Houston, St Louis and Orange county are as follows:
The American Board of Plastic Surgery specializes in dealing with the scars resulting from fireworks.
The number of people undergoing plastic surgery is increasing rapidly, with a corresponding increase in the types of procedures and techniques involved, like botox, facelift, tummy tuck, etc. However, this has also resulted in an increase in marketing various cosmetic surgery procedures through the media, advertisements, the Internet and the like, making it very difficult for prospective patients to distinguish between hype and facts.
Before going in for any procedure, people should get all the current and accurate information, which will help them to differentiate between the promises and the pitfalls. Many websites also deal with the various controversial aspects of cosetic surgery. The aim is to have a realistic and balanced view about it before opting for any procedure.
An interesting video offering a simple but effective overview of how biotechnology works and how it affects our daily live
Based on recent discoveries, nanotechnologies will have an important impact in the 2014 car and automotive industry.
Products include not only special coating for windshield (for safety increasing) but also exterior parts like rims, chrome surfaces and protection for car body.
Cars of 2014 could also offer, a safer driving thanks to a new tyre concept (created by Yokohama) which use an innovative compound to help grip the road.
But the most promising research, which is expected to hit the automotive market in 2014, could use nanotechnology towards cheaper fuel cells for electric cars.
Indeed electric cars are the future, and companies like Chrysler, Lexus , Peugeot , Toyota and Renault in 2014 could start using this technologies to improve efficiency and fuel consumption.
E-Cat is the name of the new LENR cold fusion reactor invented by Andrea Rossi and Sergio Focardi.
They gave the 1st World public demonstration on January 14, 2011 in Bologna. The cold fusion reaction uses nickel and hydrogen and it produces up to 13kw of thermal energy.
The reactor which is called E-Cat or “E-Catalyzer” (which stands for “Energy catalyzer) will be produced in hundreds of thousands starting from January 2012 by Defkalion Green Technlogies in Greece.Andrea Rossi has reached also an agreement with a USA company called AmpEnergo, which will get royalties on sales of licenses and products built in the USA. More news about this breakthrough science discovery will be pulished here very soon (see http://e-catalyzer.it ).
Latest News – September 2011
The new E-cat 1MW plant will be officially presented in the USA before the end of October. Ny Teknik , the Swedish technology magazine has posted some pictures of it and also performed a short test live. More information about the Rossi’s cold fusion reactor will be pulished online very soon.